Why do Ryan and Brandice Almost Get into a Verbal Shootout over Daniel Efram's (The Steve Keene Art Book, Manager of The Apples in stereo) Choice of the Grosse Pointe Blank Soundtrack (1997)?
Photographer / Band Manager / and Producer of the Steve Keene Art Book, Daniel Efram joins Ryan and Brandice this week to talk about George Armitage’s 1997 film, Grosse Pointe Blank and it’s very Joe Strummer infused soundtrack. Even though the film was enjoyed by all, there are some very differing opinions on the use of music in the film. (none of the differing opinions are about the awesomness of Joe Strummer).
- How the music goes nostalgic without being too on the nose (or is it?)
- The laughably bad trailer for the movie back in 1997
- The sneaky success of the soundtrack
- The Steve Keene Artbook (buy it! link below!)
- A funny story about Robert Schneider from Apples in stereo playing on The Colbert Report episode, Countdown to Guitarmageddon
If you’re looking to create a podcast with professional sound, check out Podtastic Audio at:
For More Information about Daniel Efram:
If you’d like to support Soundtrack Your Life, we have a Patreon, where you’ll get bonus episodes and more!